A transcript is a chronological listing of ALL Southwest Minnesota State University coursework taken by a student.
Also included on a transcript are:
• Degrees earned from Southwest Minnesota State University and other institutions (that have been transferred)
• Transfer credit amounts
• Cumulative credit totals and grade point averages
Please read the information below for information on how to:
- Transcript requests are required to be submitted from students only and require student signature in order to release a transcript to a 3rd party; as per the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Order Official transcripts online with a credit card
- In person or by mail (cash or check only)
- Run an unofficial transcript on your e-services
- Request that your transcript from another MNSCU institution be pulled for transfer credit review
- If you still have questions you can contact us directly at: 507-537-6207
Official SMSU Transcripts:
If you need an official SMSU transcript sent to a Minnesota State College or University to transfer credits that institution may be able to obtain your SMSU transcript free of charge, providing you do not have any holds. Please contact that institution directly for further information. If you need an official SMSU transcript sent to any of the University of Minnesota campuses or any other school, please choose one of the options listed below.
ONLINE ORDER OPTION:
For your convenience you may order your transcript online through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
The benefits of this online service include:
- quick turn around time
- ability to track your transcript order
- automatic e-mail notification throughout the processing of your transcript order
- use of any major credit card to pay for your order
- charges to your credit card upon order completion
- order as many transcripts as you like from multiple institutions in a single session
- notification of transcript hold issues
The NSC site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees.
The cost of each official SMSU transcript is $5.00 plus the NSC $2.25 processing fee. All SMSU transcripts are mailed by US Postal service.
Click HERE to order an official SMSU transcript online.
Questions regarding transcripts can be directed to:
Should you have a form that must accompany your SMSU transcript (AMCAS, PHARMCAS, ect...) Please order your transcript at the above link and upload the form to the National Student Clearinghouse.
(To protect your privacy official transcript requests are not taken by Phone or Fax)
IN PERSON or MAIL OPTION:
- Stop in our office - IL 148 and place your transcript order (we do not provide same day service) Allow one week for processing.
- Mail us a note with your name, address, telephone number, Mustang ID (if you know this number), e-mail address, address(es) you want your transcript mailed to with a $5 check or money order per transcript to the address below. (To enhance our processing time you may want to include, dob, ss#, and dates of attendance).
1501 State Street
Marshall, MN 56258
If you need your official transcript to reflect your current name, send a copy of your legal documentation for the name change to the address above.
Legal documentation can be either a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or driver’s license. Without this documentation, you will receive an official transcript with the name that is currently in our records.
- Sign on to E-Services ( check the Display Name box)
- Click on Grades and Transcripts
- Click on Academic Record
If you would like your transcript to state that you have completed the entire MnTC, please fill out the above application.