- Search is set for the government documents entire collection at SMSU.
- To help you cite government publications, use DocsCite.
- For questions, visit the AskRef webpage or chat with a reference librarian using the chat box on the Library's home page.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Fedstats [statistics and information produced by U.S. federal government agencies)
- National Center for Education Statistics (U.S. Department of Education/Institute of Education Sciences)
- National Center for Health Statistics (Department of Health and Human Services)
- Statistical Resources (University of North Texas)
- U.S. Census Bureau (U.S. Department of Commerce)
Federal Government: General Information
- Frequently Used Sites Related to U.S. Federal Government Information (ALA GODORT FDTF)
- www.lib.lsu.edu/gov/index.htmlFederal Agencies Directory (Louisiana State University)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Senate
- The White House
- Browse Topics
Federal Government: Legislative and Regulatory Information
- Code of Federal Regulations (GPO Access)
- Congress.org [Searchable directories and current awareness] (Capital Advantages)
- The Federal Register (GPO Access)
- GPO's Federal Digital System (FSDSYS)
- THOMAS: In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress
- Government Resources: Links to congressional information from official and non-official sources (Library of Congress-THOMAS)
- IRS Forms and Publications
- Office of the Law Revision Council, US Code
While every effort has been made to ensure that the Code database on the website is accurate, those using it for legal research should verify their results against the printed version of the Code available in Reference KF 62 .A1
North Star is the official website for Minnesota. Find government information, state facts and figures, and information on all facets of Minnesota.
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Citizens of Minnesota are fortunate to have easy access to all the informative resources, past and up-to-date, on this website. Minnesota agency publications and reports are organized by subject categories such as "Minnesota Issues" and "Legislative Histories". Current and historical information is accessible about the legislature, state government and legislators.
- Minnesota Legislative Manual
Published every other year, the Minnesota Legislative Manual (often referred to as the "State Blue Book") is a guide to state government organization and officials serving in all branches of State government. It also includes information on county governments and the Federal government. The last chapter gives election returns for the latest general election and primaries and special elections preceding the general election.
Location: Library also has a copy in: Minnesota State Documents--3rd Floor JK6130 .M48
- Minnesota Statutes, Laws, and Rules
Search or browse the full text of Minnesota state Statutes, Session Laws, Rules, and Constitution. Session Laws contain all the acts of the Legislature as passed in each year's legislative session. Permanent, coded laws are subsequently incorporated into the Minnesota Statutes.
- Minnesota Census Data
The Office of Geographic & Demographic Analysis has census information by county, city or township. Maps of census tracts, voting districts, county block maps and the “Most Requested 2000 Census Tables” are included. Also available are “2000 Census profiles for cities, counties, townships, metropolitan areas, 106th Congressional Districts, and Reservations and Trust Lands, compiled by the University of Minnesota Government Publications Library.”--Web page
- Resources for Educators
Free resources designed to illustrate and explain how digital resources can be integrated into the classroom curriculum. From the Minnesota Digital Library.
- SEEK (Teaching Materials)
Minnesota's home of environmental education resources. Includes "Minnesota Report Card on Environmental Literacy," "A GreenPrint for Minnesota: State Plan for Environmental Education," regional webpages with many links such as Soil Surveys, and resources for environmental educators.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math -- Teaching Materials)
A web portal for Minnesota educators and businesses to build relationships and collaborate to match STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education needs with STEM businesses resources.
- Minnesota Maps Online
Minnesota Historical Society has created this tremendous collection of land survey maps, plat books and atlases, dating from 1848 to 2001. Search the land survey maps by county or township or keyword; a collection of plat books and atlases can also be searched or browsed.
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
Income tax information and forms.
- State Constitutions, Statutes and Related Legislative Information (Cornell University Law School-Legal Information Institute)
- State Government Collections- try one of the following:
- State Government (USA.gov)
- Country Studies (Library of Congress)
- Foreign National Governments/International Governmental Organizations/Non-governmental Organizations (ALA GODORT International Documents Task Force)
- International Governmental Organizations (Northwestern University)
- U.S. Department of State [see also U.S. State Department Archive]
- United Nations
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (U.S. Government Printing Office)
- FirstGov, and Google U.S. Government Search [Search engines for government information]
- Professional Resources (ALA GODORT)
|Check Us Out|
What We Have
Return to the SMSU Library
Comments or suggestions,please contact the Government Resources Librarian.
URL of this Page: http://www.smsu.edu/Library/Index.cfm?Id=1169