Skip to main content
Search Icon

Exit Procedure

Any student who is not planning to continue their education at Southwest Minnesota State University after the completion of a semester is recommended to utilize the following exit procedure:

  • Schedule a meeting with the Student Success & Advising Center in Individualized Learning (IL) 224 to complete a Student Perceptions Survey. Appointments can be made by visiting or by calling 507-537-7290.
  • Visit the Residence Life Office in Naoutha Hall to complete departure paperwork and receive instructions on room check-out and deadlines (if applicable).
  • Stop by the Financial Aid Office in Individualized Learning (IL) 145 (if applicable) to cancel your aid at SMSU. Log in to and put in the school code of the institution you plan on attending. Inquire with your new school if they require additional paperwork to complete their financial aid process.
  • If you have registered for classes for the upcoming semester, be sure to log in to your e-services account and drop them before the 5th day of the semester to avoid charges.
  • Visit the Cashier’s Window/Business Services in Individualized Learning (IL) 139 to verify your account and get answers to questions you may have about any outstanding bills/payments (if applicable).
  • Stop by the University Public Safety Office in Founders Hall to receive parking permit refund information (if applicable). Bring permit with you and park in the loop outside of Founders Hall to avoid receiving a ticket in one of the lots. If permit is returned within the 10th day of fall semester, you will receive a full refund. If permit is returned within the 10th day of spring semester, you will get half back. After the 10th day, there is no refund.
  • Schedule a meeting with International Student Services in SC 237 (applicable to International Students only) and bring necessary documents and/or paperwork.

Please note: If you wish to withdraw entirely from Southwest Minnesota State University during an academic semester, you must complete a University Withdrawal Form, which can be obtained from the Registration and Records Office located in Individualized Learning (IL) 148. You may also call 507-537-6206 for assistance. 

Last Modified: 10/31/19 12:12 PM | Website Feedback