Office of Business Services - IL 139
Office Hours: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Cashier's Window - IL 132 & 133
Cashier's Hours: 9:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Fall Semester 2016 Course Information:
August 1, 2016: Monday, Minimum Payment due for fall courses. Minimum payment criteria must be met to hold your course registrations for all fall courses. Check your student e-services account online in "Bills and Payments" to determine if you have met the minimum payment criteria. A green "GO" symbol means requirements have been met, a red "STOP" symbol means your registration is at risk of cancellations for non-payment.
August 22: Monday, Fall Semester Classes begin
August 26: Friday, Deadline to drop a class with a refund. You will be charged tuition and fees for any course in which you are enrolled after this date.
September 2: Friday, Financial Aid overages. If you are not signed up for direct deposit, all checks will be mailed out from Business Services. Checks will NOT be available to pick up.
September 26: Monday, DUE DATE for paying the balance of all university charges not covered by financial aid, third party authorization, or a Nelnet payment plan. Please see your bills online in E-Services. A payment plan fee of $30 will be charged after this date.
October 26: Wednesday, a $50 late fee will be charged for any outstanding balance.
The Business Services office provides a variety of functions for the SMSU campus community:
- Tuition, Fees and Payments (Payments, tuition rates, Important dates, room & meal rates, parking information, holds, IDs, withdrawals, and more)
- Travel (reimbursement rates, expense forms, Enterprise rentals, and more)
- Purchasing Cards (application, procedures, reconciliations)
- Purchasing and Contracting (purchase orders, bid requirements, contracts, cell phone requests)
- Graduate Assistants (procedures and forms)
- Student Payroll (procedures and forms)
- Transcript Requests (this link will connect you with Records and Transcript Services)
SMSU Financial Statement
Southwest Minnesota State University is a member of the Minnesota State College and University (MnSCU) System. As a member of MnSCU, Southwest Minnesota State's financial statements are a part of the MnSCU financial statement. SMSU is also individually audited by an independent auditing firm. SMSU's and MnSCU's financial statements are available online at www.financialreporting.mnscu.edu. A copy of SMSU's audit has been placed on reserve at the library.