JOIN THE TRADITION AT SMSU
Southwest Minnesota State University
Join us on campus to register for your fall semester classes with the help of our faculty advisors and staff! Registration will answer many of the questions you have about preparing for and transitioning to college. You'll hear from representatives from our Financial Aid and Business Services Office, get your student ID card and gain access to your SMSU email and other online accounts!
Check out the information below to find out more about the times and locations. We encourage you to RSVP as soon as you can as space is limited and days will fill up!
IMPORTANT: You are encouraged to activate STAR ID prior to attending a registration program. For information about activating your STAR ID, please refer to your acceptance letter or visit starid.mnscu.edu/
1st Year Students
Check In Time: 7:30 AM - 8:20 AM
Approximate End time: 4:30 PM*
Location: Upper Level Conference Center
Friday, March 31
Check In Time: 11:30am - 12:15pm
Location: Bellows Academic Lobby
Parking: Lot A or B (No ticketing during Priority Registration)
Look for the signs to the parking lot and entrance when you arrive on campus.
* PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you choose a date that allows you to stay for the entire program. The actual registration takes place at the end of the day so please choose a date that permits you to do so.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email provided on the RSVP form.
Please allow 1-2 days for your confirmation email to arrive.
Schedule details are subject to change.
Why Attend SMSU Priority Registration?
We strongly encourage all students who are planning to enroll at SMSU to attend a registration program. There are typically many questions to be answered and these programs provide the platform to get those answers. Your transition to SMSU is important to us and we want to make it as stress free as possible! Here is what you'll get by attending a registration program:
- Create your class schedule with the help of our faculty advisors!
- Meet your future classmates! Maybe your roommate, maybe your future best friend?!
- Get access to your SMSU email and learn about our online registration system.
- Get answers to your questions whether it's about financial aid, housing, transfer credit and more!
- Get to know your SMSU Faculty who'll you'll work with during your time at SMSU!
What To Bring
Don't forget these important items to bring with you. If you have questions about what to bring, let us know!
1st Year Students
If you are in need of special accommodations due to a disability,
please contact Pam Ekstrom at Pam.Ekstrom@smsu.edu or call (507)-537-7672.
If you plan to stay overnight in Marshall, please visit www.visitmarshallmn.com and mention the "SMSU Friends and Family Rate" when booking your hotel!