Note: While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, SMSU Public Safety reserves the right to correct any errors and update content as needed.
2015 Annual Security & Fire Report
Shelter in Place or Evacuate
Be prepared for an emergency by having an Emergency Guide in your area.
A message from the Director of Public Safety:
All the efforts of SMSU’s Public Safety Department are aimed at providing a safe and harmonious environment wherein our community can thrive. We believe the best way to build a community is to work together. Accordingly, we endeavor to preserve old relationships and continuously form new ones within our community. Whether you're representing yourself or a group, we encourage you to let us know how SMSU’s Public Safety Department can serve you.
In compliance with Federal law SMSU Public Safety Department makes available campus security policies and campus crime statistics.
We would appreciate your comments, observations, information, and input leading toward our goal of protecting Southwest Minnesota State University.
Thank you for visiting this site and welcome to Southwest Minnesota State University.
Michael Munford CPP, CPO
Director of University Public Safety
- 08/29/16 Parking Alert: Football game. No parking on Mustang Trail in front of the Schwan’s Regional Event Center after midnight on August 31st.
- 08/29/16 Parking ALERT: All vehicles will need to be removed from the RA Lot by 10pm on August 31st. Please obey all signs and barricades.
- 01/12/16 Welcome back Mustangs!! Ticketing for "REGULAR" permits which will begin on Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 8:00a.m.
- 10/19/15 PARKING ALERT: All vehicles need to be out of the RA and BA/PE lots by midnight Thursday.
- 10/19/15 PARKING ALERT:Friday, October 23rd RA Lot and BA/PE Lot and Mustang Tail from Stadium Drive to the West Side of the REC will be closed.