Note: While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, SMSU Public Safety reserves the right to correct any errors and update content as needed.
A message from the Director of Public Safety:
All the efforts of SMSU’s Public Safety Department are aimed at providing a safe and harmonious environment wherein our community can thrive. We believe the best way to build a community is to work together. Accordingly, we endeavor to preserve old relationships and continuously form new ones within our community. Whether you're representing yourself or a group, we encourage you to let us know how SMSU’s Public Safety Department can serve you.
In compliance with Federal law SMSU Public Safety Department makes available campus security policies and campus crime statistics.
We would appreciate your comments, observations, information, and input leading toward our goal of protecting Southwest Minnesota State University.
Thank you for visiting this site and welcome to Southwest Minnesota State University.
Michael Munford CPP, CPO
Director of University Public Safety
- 05/15/15 SMSU will have a campus-wide power outage beginning at 6am, Saturday May 16th. The power is scheduled to be restored by 9pm Sunday the 17th
- 05/08/15 Construction on E College DR in Marshall will be ongoing for SMSU commencement tomorrow, Saturday May 9th, 2015.
- 04/30/15 Construction begins Monday, May 4th on E. College Dr. @mndotnews asks us to access the campus via Hwy 23.
- 10/28/14 BA / PE gravel lot closed on Wednesday, October 29th. Drivers will have to make alternative parking arrangements.
- 10/05/14 Updates regarding parking in the RA & BA / PE Gravel lots this week. Check your campus email, SMSU PS Facebook, or SMSU Today for more.