Note: While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, SMSU Public Safety reserves the right to correct any errors and update content as needed.
Parking Permits: Purchasing of online permits will no longer be available. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please purchase your parking permit when you arrive on campus. You may purchase from the Cashier’s Window (located in the Individualized Learning Bldg. IL 132-133) or University Public Safety (located in the basement of Founders Hall). The 2015-16 Registration, Payroll Deduction and Rate Forms for faculty and staff will be available on the University Public Safety web page (left menu) as soon as possible.
A message from the Director of Public Safety:
All the efforts of SMSU’s Public Safety Department are aimed at providing a safe and harmonious environment wherein our community can thrive. We believe the best way to build a community is to work together. Accordingly, we endeavor to preserve old relationships and continuously form new ones within our community. Whether you're representing yourself or a group, we encourage you to let us know how SMSU’s Public Safety Department can serve you.
In compliance with Federal law SMSU Public Safety Department makes available campus security policies and campus crime statistics.
We would appreciate your comments, observations, information, and input leading toward our goal of protecting Southwest Minnesota State University.
Thank you for visiting this site and welcome to Southwest Minnesota State University.
Michael Munford CPP, CPO
Director of University Public Safety
- 08/27/15 Remember to buy your parking permit by September 4th - ticketing will start September 8th!!
- 08/20/15 PARKING ALERT – All vehicles must be moved out of the RA lot by 5 PM today.
- 08/19/15 Parking info: RA lot will be blocked off Thursday through Sunday this weekend for Smokefest activities.
- 07/06/15 Please note that the B1 parking lot will be closed for maintenance this week.
- 05/15/15 SMSU will have a campus-wide power outage beginning at 6am, Saturday May 16th. The power is scheduled to be restored by 9pm Sunday the 17th