Note: While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, SMSU Public Safety reserves the right to correct any errors and update content as needed.
A message from the Director of Public Safety:
All the efforts of SMSU’s Public Safety Department are aimed at providing a safe and harmonious environment wherein our community can thrive. We believe the best way to build a community is to work together. Accordingly, we endeavor to preserve old relationships and continuously form new ones within our community. Whether you're representing yourself or a group, we encourage you to let us know how SMSU’s Public Safety Department can serve you.
In compliance with Federal law SMSU Public Safety Department makes available campus security policies and campus crime statistics.
We would appreciate your comments, observations, information, and input leading toward our goal of protecting Southwest Minnesota State University.
Thank you for visiting this site and welcome to Southwest Minnesota State University.
Michael Munford CPP, CPO
Director of University Public Safety
- 03/27/15 Going to see my daughter perform at a JFK dance event — traveling to Sauk Centre, Minnesota
- 10/28/14 BA / PE gravel lot closed on Wednesday, October 29th. Drivers will have to make alternative parking arrangements.
- 10/05/14 Updates regarding parking in the RA & BA / PE Gravel lots this week. Check your campus email, SMSU PS Facebook, or SMSU Today for more.
- 10/02/14 Check your campus email, Public Safety Facebook, or SMSU Today for a parking announcement beginning next Tuesday.
- 09/23/14 The RA Lot is closing Wed after 11:30 PM. Check out our FB page, your campus email, or SMSU Today for more info.