Note: While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, SMSU Public Safety reserves the right to correct any errors and update content as needed.
Parking Permits: Purchasing of online permits will no longer be available. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please purchase your parking permit when you arrive on campus. You may purchase from the Cashier’s Window (located in the Individualized Learning Bldg. IL 132-133) or University Public Safety (located in the basement of Founders Hall). The 2015-16 Registration, Payroll Deduction and Rate Forms for faculty and staff will be available on the University Public Safety web page (left menu) as soon as possible.
A message from the Director of Public Safety:
All the efforts of SMSU’s Public Safety Department are aimed at providing a safe and harmonious environment wherein our community can thrive. We believe the best way to build a community is to work together. Accordingly, we endeavor to preserve old relationships and continuously form new ones within our community. Whether you're representing yourself or a group, we encourage you to let us know how SMSU’s Public Safety Department can serve you.
In compliance with Federal law SMSU Public Safety Department makes available campus security policies and campus crime statistics.
We would appreciate your comments, observations, information, and input leading toward our goal of protecting Southwest Minnesota State University.
Thank you for visiting this site and welcome to Southwest Minnesota State University.
Michael Munford CPP, CPO
Director of University Public Safety
- 10/19/15 PARKING ALERT: All vehicles need to be out of the RA and BA/PE lots by midnight Thursday.
- 10/19/15 PARKING ALERT:Friday, October 23rd RA Lot and BA/PE Lot and Mustang Tail from Stadium Drive to the West Side of the REC will be closed.
- 09/26/15 Let SMSU Public Safety know if you notice damage to other vehicles. To make a report contact SMSU Public Safety at 537-7252.
- 09/26/15 CRIME ALERT: At approximately 12:50 p.m. today a car window was broken while parked on Birch Street adjacent to the Campus Religious Center.
- 09/22/15 LOT CLOSURE: The BA/PE lot will be closed this Friday, 9/25 in support of the University Gala.