Welcome to Southwest Minnesota State University! We look forward to working with you and having you become a part of our University community.
Below are a few things that will assist in ensuring your employment gets off to a smooth start.
Prior to your first day....
You will need to complete the following forms. Read and follow all instructions and return appropriate documents to Human Resources at Southwest Minnesota State University, 1501 State Street, Marshall, MN 56258.
The employment forms to be completed include:
- New Employee Information Sheet and Notice of Intent to Collect Private Data
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) - Complete section 1 and within 3 days of your start date bring the form to the SMSU Human Resources along with the required documents. Acceptable forms of identification are listed on the form. Note: If you are not able to physically come to the SMSU campus, please refer to the Remote Hire Instructions.
- Payroll Direct Deposit - The State of Minnesota requires all employees to have direct deposit of their paycheck.
- SMSU Policies Verification - Please click on each of the policies to review. Complete and return the Verification form to SMSU Human Resources.
Official Transcript - Please arrange to have an official transcript showing completion of your highest degree sent to our office as soon as possible. The transcripts cannot be issued to you, but need to come directly to our office.
After Employment starts
Self Service Website - The Employee Self Service Web Site allows you to view/print your pay stub, change your home address, enroll in insurance benefits (if eligible), as well as access other payroll functions. Click here for instructions on how to access your paycheck information.
- Code of Conduct Training - Available on Desire2Learn
- Public Jobs: Private Data - Available on Desire2Learn
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (State of Minnesota's)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (MnSCU's)