International Credit

If students are admitted and have prior credit from an international institution, they will need to order a transcript and have an evaluation agency determine the type of credit a student has earned. If a student recieved a degree from an international institution, the evaluation agency will detrmine that equivalency as well.

Evaluation Agencies

SMSU uses Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Service (WES) to determine international credit transferability. SMSU requires students use the Catalog Match evaluation in order to transfer in credits.

Most courses from ECE or WES will come in as electives. If students want a "course for course" match, they will need to fill out a petition form. Course syllabi, descriptions or outlines are also helpful in completing the petition process. 

Last Modified: 2/2/17 9:44 AM