Skip to main content
Search Icon

Placement & Licensure


As you work toward your degree and license, you will be completing applications for field experiences, pre-student teaching, student teaching, internships, and practicums.  The applications you will need along your way are provided here.  Please review the other links we have on this page - the information will help you plan and prepare for your future!!   We are here to help you reach your goals!!

Liability Insurance Coverage

All students must have Liability Insurance Coverage before beginning any field (lab) experiences.  The process can be completed at the Education Minnesota website.  Click on "Join: Student" on the very top of the screen, then click on "You can apply online today!". Complete the application at the NEA (National Education Association) website.  The SMSU Office of Placement and Licensure will receive information indicating that you have completed this process and have coverage.

Request a Placement

 Applying for your License

We are here to help you reach your goals!!

Faye Johnson, Field Placement Coordinator

Dr. Brian Mumma, Director of Professional Educator Services

Last Modified: 9/10/19 9:05 AM