Skip to content
Search Icon

Target of Discrimination

What is available to me if I am the target of discrimination or harassment?

If you feel physically threatened, remove yourself from the situation and seek help immediately from University Public Safety at 507-537-7252, or dial 911 for the Marshall Police Department. 

If you feel the situation is not physically threatening, and you feel comfortable talking to the individual, tell them you're offend by the comment or behavior and ask them to stop.

If you are not comfortable talking directly to the individual, you can identify a third party whom you and the other individual mutually respect, and ask for their assistance in helping the two of you talk through the behavior and why you found it offensive. 

You should document incidents of discrimination and harassment immediately after they occur- who, when, where, what was said or done, and the names of witnesses. 

Discrimination and/or harassment complaints should be submitted to the office for Equity and Inclusion/ Campus Diversity Officer or the Designated Officer to determine if the complaint falls under the 1B.1 Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination in Employment and Education Policy or for referral to another University office. 

Submit a Report of Discrimination or Harassment

Last Modified: 3/29/24 10:27 AM | Website Feedback