Skip to main content
Search Icon

Housing Arrangement

Housing Information

Going abroad for an education comes with also moving to another country. This essentially means you need a place to stay that is not your own house. We here at SMSU provide excellent housing to international students. All you need to do is to make sure you acquaint yourself with SMSU's Housing Information and Housing contract.

On Campus Housing

Southwest Minnesota State University Residence Halls provides quality housing services to its students and supports academic needs and personal success of students. SMSU requires ALL students (domestic and international) under the age of 21 years old to live on campus their first year in SMSU. Visit the Residence Life page on the housing contact and application to read and understand your housing contract before signing. Once you are done, return your housing application form today! This includes ALL international students as well.

Off Campus Housing

We still believe that on campus housing will be the most convenient option for your personal and education needs but you may still be able to rent an apartment off campus. Please be aware that you can only live off campus if you are of the age of 21 or older with exceptions granted by the Director of Residence Life. One option is to rent the apartments in Marshall which are mostly equipped with full kitchens and available for one or more people. Kindly only make your arrangement plans to live off campus AFTER you have contacted Jamie Leonard or Juan Tavares.

Last Modified: 11/30/18 10:13 AM