Skip to content
Search Icon

Standardized Tests

Take standardized tests seriously—the admissions committee does. The best times to take the exams are in the summer before your senior year or right after a prep course.

Graduate Records Exam (GRE)

Most academic programs require the GRE. The GRE General Test is a computerized test that has three sections:

  • Verbal
  • Quantitative
  • Analytical

Your program may also require the GRE Subject Test—Check with individual programs to see if it is required. The Subject Test is not computerized and is offered just a few times a year.

For more information on the GRE visit:

Other Standardized Tests:

Some dental programs will accept MCAT scores and some graduate programs will accept MAT in place of the GRE. The application materials may not list this as an option but you can ask the graduate admissions office

Last Modified: 7/15/22 4:46 PM | Website Feedback