Skip to content
Search Icon

Roommate Questions

If I do not have a roommate preference, what factors will be used to select a roommate for me?

Roommates are assigned by the preferences indicated on the roommate preferences section of the housing and dining contract. All assignments are on a first-come first-serve basis.

What if I do not get along with my roommate?

First, it is important for you and your roommate to try to get to know each other as individuals. Time is usually needed for this to happen and we find that even randomly paired roommates usually get along fine.

If you want a room change before school starts, contact the Residence Life Office to request a change.  Changes may be made before August 1st and there is a $25 administrative fee for process your request.

When roommate conflict arises, the RA will meet with both roommates and assist with improving the roommate relationship through mediation. After this, if one of you wants a room change, an appointment needs to be made with your Area Coordinator to fill out a Room Change Request Form to start the room change process. Requests will be considered by feasibility, date of request and space available. There will be a $25 administrative fee for processing a roommate change request.

How do I request a roommate?

You can request a roommate on your housing contract. If you have already submitted your housing contract, then you can email the Residence Life Office to amend your contract. Remember that both of you must request each other by the time of assignment in order to live together. Requests received after room assignments are issued cannot be accommodated.

How do I know what my roommate is bringing?

When you see your room assignment on e-services, it will include the name of your roommate and their address and phone number so you may contact them.

Last Modified: 7/20/22 9:30 AM | Website Feedback