Skip to content
Search Icon

Petition Process

Use the student petition e-form to apply for the following:

  • Approval for course substitutions for academic programs
  • Re-evaluation of transfer course applicability
  • Grade method changes
  • Appeals of non-compliance of current SMSU policies (i.e. GPA rules, minimum course grade rules, commencement participation, late W grade requests, etc.) *Click on the "other" radial which appears after you answer "no" to the first 3 questions on the petition e-form

Petition e-form completion HINTS:

  • The more documentation you provide the "smoother" the process.
  • Complete sentences with details indicate you have serious intent in submitting a petition.

Example of how to fill out a course substitution from a different school: 

  1. Does this petition involve a transfer course? Yes
  2. Is this a petition for a MNTC Goal? No
  3. Is this petition for a course substitution? Yes
    1. What SMSU course do you wish to replace?
    2. Course code: MATH 
    3. Number: 101
    4. Course Title: Great Ideas of Math
  4. Is the course(s) you hope to use as a substitute an SMSU course? No
    1. Course code: MATH
    2. Number: 1101
    3. Course Title: Example of Math
    4. Institution: University of School
  5. Attach syllabi for course
  6. Submit Form


Last Modified: 7/19/22 1:52 PM | Website Feedback